Smart Contracts of SatoshiChain
The management of the validator along with their selection, reward distribution, and staking are all performed by the smart contracts of the protocol. These contracts are deployed in the genesis block. On the SatoshiChain, there are six different types of smart contracts.
- Governance Contract - manages validator proposals and votes.
- Validator Set Contract - ranks validators and decides which are to be elected or removed.
- Vault Contract - receives all the withdrawal fees from the chain bridge.
- Staking Contract - manages staking operations and the distribution of block rewards.
- Slashing Contract - manages disciplinary actions against validators who do not follow the predetermined rules of the chain.
- Bridging Contract - manages token exchange between the Bitcoin blockchain and the SatoshiChain.